Saturday, April 18, 2015

More First Trimester Finds


It was about this time last year when the Florida Panhandle received Noah's-Ark-type rainfall. Fast forward one year, and it's raining everyday in Houston. Normally, I love the rain. It could rain every day, and it would be perfectly fine with. The sound of rain and thunder calms me, and I love the smell. Unfortunately, my nephew's last three little league games have been postponed, and though I love watching him and his friends play, I do have a bit of a crush on a teammate's mother. I truly don't know how to approach her. In any other setting, I would be fine with a home run or a strikeout, but that her son is a friend of my nephew makes the situation completely awkward. That, and her ex-husband seems to hover over her lawn chair like a vulture. FML.

The first three months of the year were weird, and I suppose weather had something to with it. I'm sure the price of oil hasn't helped either. There have been weeks when I couldn't give stuff away, and there have been weeks when I've panicked to load up on inventory because pieces were moving so quickly. I'm back in depressive mode in this manic, bi-polar market, so if I can't sell pieces, I can at least purge the photos from my phone.

A buy I regret. Luckily, I bought a monk bench with it.

Turned out lovely, but the bottom drawer was never perfect,
so I just got my cost back on it.

Another one that I regret. It was only $15, but
three of the drawers were shot.....

....so I got creative (stole borrowed someone's idea
on Pinterest, and....

made a stupid pet bed that no pet will sleep in. I
made the cat stay in there long enough for me to snap
a photo. Dumb idea.
I bought a lot of (4) mismatched chairs (all Tell City) for $60.......

.....because I wanted to do
some fun things with them. 

Anyway, I got an email from a photographer who needed to move her
shoot inside because of the rain. They turned it into a swing.


And then there is this one. I liked the way it turned out, but
no one else seems to. I think I'm going to pair it with a desk.


I consider myself to be an optimistic realist. The sun always rises, but you can't always see it. It will only rain for so many days. Markets will fluctuate (even the furniture market). So, if I can train this wild Banshee of a cat to sit, anything is possible (vultures notwithstanding).






No comments:

Post a Comment