Friday, April 10, 2015

Early 2015 Finds

I'm feeling overwhelmed, but it's a just punishment for procrastination. I suppose that I prefer painting pieces over writing about them, but since this more closely resembles a diary than a blog, I'll need to break up this post into at least two.

Bought this pub table set for $60.....

...was never fond of mismatched chairs, but it has grown on me.

Paid $27.50 for this massive mirror in an online auction...
....quick splash of white, and it was gone shortly thereafter

Paid $50 for this dresser, but I had to replace all the hardware.

Cloned AS color "Emperor's Silk."
This was on a scary part of town, so $60 was a good price considering the risk.

Used a color called Duchess Blue with some White and some dark
wax, and it was ready to go. Still peeved I left the skeleton key behind,
but there was no way in hell I was going back.

Picked up this bargain on the morning of the Super Bowl.

White chest with gold hardware. You must be thrilled with the
color risk I took on this piece :)
I loved this piece the second I saw it. 

Painted it Duck-Egg blue, and I still carry a bit of guilt for
painting it. It wasn't in the best condition, so I had to.
Paid $75 for this very heavy china cabinet

Duck-Egg blue on the outside, white on the inside, and
replaced the glass on cabinet doors with chicken wire.


No comments:

Post a Comment